ARTICLE BY – AARUSHI SEHGAL
BLOG – LITTLE CHEF’S APRON
ADVANTAGES OF HEALTHY FOOD AND DISADVANTAGE OF UNHEALTHY/JUNK FOOD
Hi! I am Aarushi from my baking and cooking blog, Little Chef’s Apron. I am 13 years old and I recently discovered my passion for baking. I do a lot of things, feasts, cakes, bakery style cupcakes, non veg recipes, cookies, Indian recipes, fusion recipes and all sorts of culinary ideas that come to my mind.
I would like to thank team Penser for this wonderful opportunity and today’s topic is the advantage of healthy foods and disadvantages of junk food.
All of us have heard the above line and often think that it is easy for the other person to advise. But, if we know what it actually means and how it really affects us, the doubt would never come in our mind.
Advantages of healthy food:
- Healthy food can be helpful for your heart in the long term and gets you all the minerals that your body needs to lead a good life.
- Now some people wonder that what does healthy exactly mean? It does not mean eating salad or fruits each time of the day. It means taking a balanced diet. It means to eat everything in a controlled manner with proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and enough water.
- There is no need to go for vitamin capsules when they are naturally available. You can eat any fruit of your choice every day. During the lockdown, my family and I developed a habit of drinking orange/watermelon juice every day. We also drink homemade tomato soup in the evening.
- It is always good to intake homemade goods as you know that it is healthy since it is made with fresh ingredients at your home.
- Eating healthy reduces the risk of diabetes as the sugar intake would be controlled. One trick is to eat whatever you want, whenever you want but it should be in a little quantity.
Disadvantages of junk food:
- Junk food! It can lead to so many problems. Laziness being the first one. Whether you accept it or not, this is a natural fact. When eating junk, you feel lazy and demotivated to do anything.
- Having too much of it in very less time can lead to obesity and an unwanted increase in your diet. When you know what your appetite is and how much food you require per meal, what is the need to increase it and take in extra calories?
- It would unnecessarily increase your weight and other health problems. It can cause severe joint pain, increase in cholesterol and several heart diseases.
- Situations like stress, depression, headaches and migraines can be lifelong tensions for you.
- I know it is very hard to leave junk food but in the long run, it is the best option anyone has. In the starting days it might be difficult and you would feel hungry, but in a few days your stomach would also be trained in the same way.
- For example, when you were young, you used to eat little portion of rice. But as you grew older, you increased your diet. In the start your stomach must have felt really heavy, but later, you got used to it.
- With the problems in the world like pollution, global warming, increase in temperature, unknown diseases coming up, if we are not healthy, imagine how much harm these would do to us. Why not be prepared in advance?
That is all for this post! Here is my blog link and do follow for more recipe notifications!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments. Bye!
buy both books at a single price at INR 417 and USD 5.62
click on the link – https://amzn.to/3gTjgOw